Our product is www.getlantern.org. Go there to see what we're doing. Our tool helps people who live in censored countries get free (and paid) access to the full unblocked internet. (Basically a VPN service, but a bit different).
We are looking to build a 'snapshot' of the currently country market to help us determine to what extent it would (or would not) be a match for our business. The initial profile will answer the following key questions/issues. Plus, we'll have some followup questions based on your work.
For any given country, we're looking to determine:
- Market Assessment - what to people really want in regards to open internet access, what are they using censorship software products for.
- Pricing analysis - Who are the current providers of similar (VPN) services, and what are the price points?
- Execution - how are people getting internet censorship software (VPNs) now?
- Performance - how well do current solutions work? What is the main problem?
- Partners/Marketing - potential marketing partners/apps that could help spread the word
Any other country or political changes going on in the environment that is driving greater use of censorship avoidance software.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value