I run a business called Make Me A Comic www.makemeacomic.com. We turn peoples memories into comics. Check out the website to learn more about it and visit the gallery page to see our work. Please only look at the £260 comics the other formats we no longer create.
Business is growing and I need to hire another comic artist, maybe a couple....
You must be an excellent artist and have examples of comics you have drawn. You don't have to be an all rounder, you might be great at drawing and not so great at colouring thats fine I will hire you just to draw. Likewise if you are a great colourist I will hire you just for that. Your style may be suited to more cartoony comics or your style may be more along the lines of DC or Marvel....
Current pay is £100 for a 10 panel comic - see the £260 comics on the website for examples of these. Comic covers featuring DC and Marvel characters pay more, at least £130. These are usally created at 12x18". If the clients requests a larger size the price goes up.
Sometimes we get orders for longer comics where you might earn £150-£200. Last week we had an order for an 8 page comic and the artist earned £690.
I'm very fair with my pricing my expect a very high quality - we are the best in the business at what we do.
This is how a job works:
1. Client contacts me, I write a brief and sometimes even a panel by panel description. Some briefs are very tight and some you have more artistic license. I give you as much as information as I can.
2. I send you this brief and request a draft within 72 hours. Just rough to show how we will illustrate the story, see the example attached.
3. I send this draft to the client, they give feedback
4. I give you the feedback and you apply the changes and work on the final artwork
5. I send the final artwork to the client, they may have small changes like colours etc
6. You make these changes, clients approves it you get paid.
The whole process should take 10 business days or less.
This is not a job for someone who has a full time job 40 hours a week. This is a job for someone who is an aspiring artist and wants to work full time as an artist.
You must accept clients changes even if you disagree, no room for proud artists here - this is a business and the client is paying.
In order to be employed I will request that you create a comic for me. Just the draft - and that you draw and colour just 1 panel. As a good gesture I will pay you $28. I will set the brief and I will only request this from artists who can show me prior comic work.
Hope to hear from you soon
March 19, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value