SOPHIA Oxford, whose mission is to enable enterprises worldwide to combat poverty, is seeking for a passionate, creative and highly qualified Community Manager to work part-time with our communication and design team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the webpage through WordPress.
- Manage listserv and mailing list through MailChimp.
- Implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies.
- Draft communications in English and Spanish.
- Shape engaging text, image and video content for all social media and professional accounts.
- Engage with online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Liaise with Operations and Sales departments.
- Stay up to date with digital technology trends.
- Experience working with WordPress and MailChimp
- Excellent verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
- Excellent writing skills in Spanish and English
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar digital role
- Experience planning and leading community and digital initiatives
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Hands on experience with social media management
- Ability to interpret website traffic
- Knowledge of online marketing
SOPHIA Oxford works in partnership with businesses to establish objective measures that efficiently and sustainably respond to poverty within their companies and communities. SOPHIA Oxford is a newly formed independent not-forprofit organization and the first social enterprise spin-out of Oxford University, formed in partnership with the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI).
The current pandemic is having a dramatic and disproportionate impact on the poor, making this work as urgent as ever. The United Nations estimates that an additional 25 million people will fall into poverty. The International Labor Organization estimates that up to 35 million more people will join the working poor. That is why the SOPHIA Oxford team is doubling down on their effort and growing their organization.
SOPHIA Oxford is a virtual organization with team members working between the United States, Latin America, Central America, and Europe. As a result, work hours are centered between EST and GMT. SOPHIA Oxford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.