Screenly is a popular SaaS digital signage solution for the Raspberry Pi, powering over 10,000 screens around the world for customers such as Tata, Tesco and Sony. As our commercial offering grows we're looking for someone to improve how we manage our free open source version, Screenly OSE.
Screenly OSE (https://github.com/screenly/screenly-ose) is the most popular digital signage project on Github and already has a large established community. In this part time role you will be engaging with both the user base and the open source community at large and will have the opportunity to shape the product's future.
The ideal candidate:
* Self motivated and well organised to be able to work 100% remotely part time
* Experience with Github (ideally managing projects)
* Understanding of open source projects
* Experience in using / managing / building online communities
* Basic programming experience (bonus if it is with Python)
* High level English skills, both written and spoken
* Be the central contact point for OSE
* Manage and contribute development ideas to the roadmap
* Manage the Screenly forum & respond to users (forums.screenly.io)
* Help triage/diagnose Github issues
* Liaison with content team for new release (changes etc.)
* Help build/design new features
* Manage documentation
* Write technical blog posts with interesting use cases for Screenly OSE
* Evangelize and help bring in new developers to Screenly OSE
* Engage and build out the community across new channels
* Submit CFPs and speak at tech conferences to evangelize Screenly OSE !
A big part of the role will be to stay on top of conversations on on Github and on our forum, but also to monitor and engage with conversations on other channels, such as Reddit and Twitter.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest/background in Computer Science, but is also interested in open source community building and helping users out with their problems. This part time role may suit a computing student who wants a part time flexible role which could grow into a long term contract.
You will be joining our remote-only organization, with people spread across the globe. You can learn more about how we work here (https://www.screenly.io/blog/2016/11/23/how-we-work-at-screenly/).
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 6 months6+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates
Project Type:Ongoing project
Skills and expertise
Community Management Services
Community Engagement JobsCommunity Moderation JobsCommunity Outreach Jobs