This job requires an understanding of electronic hardware components specific to surface mount radio components. An engineering tech or hardware engineering background is required in order to understand the technical specifications of the required components and the flexibility to see valid alternative components.
I am developing a wireless product and I need help with the task of creating a list of suitable components. By researching the different IC manufactures online, I will need you to create a list of electronic components offered by the IC manufactures.
The list must include information on the following:
1. Part number
2. Manufactures Part Description
3. Manufacture Name
4. Package type(s)
5. Number of pins
6. Communication type (how do we talk to the chip)
7. Functionality details ( any additional function related to rf signal manipulation. ie phase shift, multiply, modulation etc)
8. Price of part at 10 pieces and 1000 pieces.
9. Price and size of a reel of the part.
10. Name 1 to 3 US distributor who has the part in stock.
11. Where can you buy the evaluation board and how much does it cost.
The component we need must have the followings general characteristics:
a. The part we need is a FREQUENCY MULTIPLIER or can act as a FREQUENCY MULTIPLIER.
b. CRITICAL CRITERIA 1: Must be able to multiply a reference frequency of 20 MHz to 1.2 GHz to create a 2.4 GHz signal without changing its phase. If the part is able to control phase this is a desirable feature. Simple parts are best.
C. CRITICAL CRITERIA 2: Physical size: no larger than 4 mm square - smaller parts with less pins are best.
D. Output Frequency: 2.4 GHz ISM Band
E. Input Frequency: 20 MHz to 1.2 GHz
E. The device can multiply X2, X3, X5 , X9- ideally a programmable multiplier.
e. Example component: Analog devices ADL5390 -RF Vector Multiplier
f. Example component website datasheet:
I am expecting the following outcomes:
1. A list created in Excel (or comma separated file) which describes all (at least 20) different parts that will meet the general characteristics listed in the search criteria. For each part there will be a column describing the 11 information points requested.
2. A project summary document that describes the following information:
P1. The time it took to complete the task in Man hours.
P2. The time it took to complete the task in Calendar days.
P3. The resources used to gather the information. (ie. internet search, supply catalogs, Manufacture data book etc)
P4. Any complexities encountered or difficulties you experienced and had to overcome in order to complete the task.
Skills: electronics, act, engineering, wireless, research