Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.U.S. located freelancers only
Here's your opportunity to shape the future of virtual reality. Stage is pioneering the future of immersive concerts and music festivals in VR. We have an immediate opening for a talented Concept Artist to spearhead the artistic as well as visual direction and development of our AAA product.
We are looking for an experienced Concept Artist with a keen eye for lighting, color, form, and composition; who is a master of rapid sketch, quickly generating ideas knowing that sometimes it takes a hundred good ones to get to the great one.
Your artistic hand reflects years of experience refining your craft, but you’re also a natural and avid collaborator; you coat-check your ego, but are eminently capable of articulating and defending your next great idea.
- Create concept art that drives the artistic goals and vision through all phases of the product development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails creating concepts for all art assets including environments, characters, props, storyboards etc., while upholding the integrity of the artistic vision of the product as a whole.
- Demonstrate expertise across a wide range of art styles, from heavily stylized animated projects to triple-A style photorealism
- It is imperative that the Concept Artist be comfortable at visual communication, whether it’s creating sketches on a whiteboard on the spot to clarify or communicate an idea, or working closely with design and product to really hash out the idea from click to click. Comfortable working with people.
- Develop style guides, reference boards, and other related documentation that supports the product vision
- Articulate complex aesthetic or visual concepts to the art director/product owner and the wider company
- Occasional support for marketing team.
- Extensive portfolio with examples of current, hands-on work, including concept art, production designs, storyboards and other visual images that demonstrate complex artistic goals in simple to follow visual images.
- F.A. or equivalent arts degree or two years of post-high school education/training
- Strong technical ability and experience across a broad variety of 2d/3d software
Keyshot/Marmoset/any rendering package
- Strong grasp of color theory, line, light and shadow and how these influence mood and focal points
- Experience managing art teams, giving feedback, and facilitating productive, artistic discussion
- Strong artistic leadership ability
- At least one shipped product as an Art Director/Concept Artist
- 2 years of experience in VR product development
- Experience as a vector artist in graphic design or user interface design
- Strong ability in traditional arts (drawing, sculpting, painting)
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value