The objective is setup a NGINX server as reverse proxy for an external server.
The NGINX server is accessed both via SSL.
Delivery must include step-by-step instructions assuming a freshly installed VM (1 NIC)
Command line instructions preferred
- Ubuntu 12.04.02 LTS
- nginx installed from ppa:nginx/stable
- consider a VM with 1 NIC, connected to the internet.
- NGINX certificate can be self-signed
- SSL session cache enabled
- Proxy cache enabled
- Local content served by using https://nginx-server/local/resource-name must retrieve /usr/share/local-server/resource-name
- Access to https://nginx-server/remote/resource-name must retrieve https://remote-server/base/resource-name