This is a full-time role (45 hours per week) and is ongoing (we have some estimators who have worked with us for over 4 years on UpWork/eLance).
We are looking for people who have some base construction/engineering/architecture knowledge, we will provide all training from there.
The position is responsible for the preparation of tenders for carpentry works on commercial projects.
The candidate must be able to read and interpret complex construction plans to a very high level. Ideally with several years on site experience in carpentry and construction, alternatively with tertiary qualifications in construction.
The Key duties of the role will be;
- Review and assess tender requests and documentation
- Accurately read and interpret detailed construction plans (architectural, engineering, specifications documentation)
- Accurately assess all areas of project that involve carpentry
- Form a clear and detailed notes file in MS Word (which can be converted into a handover file if the project is won.)
- Complete take offs of material and labour quantities (using OST estimating
software – will require candidate to undertake online training)
- Transfer all quantities into excel take-off document (or other proprietary software)
- Draft quote in a clear, detailed and professional manner
- Reviews revised plans for live projects and prepare notes file of any changes for the Project Team. Assist the project team with preparing variations for the project.
Liaising with the Operational Team in Melbourne, Australia via email and Skype, the applicant must have the ability to communicate to a very high level with written English.
An eye for detail and accuracy with numbers are key to this role.
Ability to multi-task, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines and achieve productive and efficient outcomes is fundamental.
Computer Literacy is essential, particularly with MS Word and Excel and Adobe software. Previous demonstrated knowledge of computer based quoting software would be beneficial. A high speed and reliable internet connection is a must, as there will be some large plan files to download.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates