We own a portfolio of health, wellness and fitness websites and are looking to build a Content production team.
We're looking for a talented editor to oversee the content creation process working directly with the owner (that’s me) and a small team of freelance writers to create 16 (on average) new pieces of in-depth content per month.
You should have a deep understanding of creating great content that generates traffic, links, and shares.
This is a highly flexible part-time role but could develop into full time for the right candidate.
We're looking for someone who will be focused on this role, not just looking to add additional hours to their freelance workload.
- Manage the content calendar by developing article ideas, assigning briefs, editing content and assisting with formatting and upload draft in WP.
- Evaluate and edit content -
Style guidelines - formatting, structure, font, voice, etc…
(Including line editing, fact-checking, conceptual editing and rewriting when needed)
- Find a 1-3 relevant images from a stock photo site (canva and others)
- Add internal links to ‘host’ website (when the ‘host’ is known)
- Add backlinks to other external sites
- Add affiliate links to Amazon
- Work with a small team of writers to provide constructive feedback, make sure they are hitting deadlines and occasionally hire new writers when needed.
- Implement SEO best practices
- Assist with updating and improving already published articles.
- Editorial experience, preferably with a digital publishing background
- Experience with evaluating and hiring writers
- Excellent writing, proofreading and copywriting skills
- Self motivated and well organized
- At least a basic understanding of SEO
- Experience in recruiting and managing writers
- Comfortable working in a remote team and using tools like Google Drive, Asana and Slack.
Your work will directly impact our bottom line. As our traffic, page-views and ad revenues grow, we will evaluate your compensation. We have no problem paying more money for team members that are helping grow our reach. Compensation starts at $8 - $12/hr.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 6 months6+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value
Project Type:Ongoing project
Skills and expertise
Content Writing Deliverables
About Us Page JobsArticle JobsBlog Content JobsNewsletter Jobs