Summary: The primary responsibilities of the position are to work with the Finance, Procurement and Operations Departments in achieving corporate objectives. The person in this position will work closely with the CEO to ensure that the company is meeting all of its financial goals and that all accounting systems are operating properly and at peak efficiency.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Conducting forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
2. Preparing and consolidating financial statements
3. Managing all aspects of the general ledger
4. Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end analysis
5. Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
6. Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions (e.g. A/R, A/P, etc.)
7. Assisting with multi-state tax filings and addressing any issues
8. Hiring, training and retaining competent finance and accounting professionals (will manage approximately 3 individuals)
9. Oversight of company accounting functions, which includes managing a 3 person team.
10. Provide and ensure accuracy of data necessary to accurately forecast cash needs in 4-, 12-, and 26-week forecast windows.
11. Responsibility for accounts payable. This consists of paying suppliers, assisting with scheduling of payments, and ensuring that all invoices and paperwork are properly organized and filed.
13. Assist in negotiating terms with vendors.
14. Assisting the with analysis of statements and systems, as required.
15. Working with both internal and external technical staff to facilitate resolution of any problems that may arise between systems. This could include problem identification and reporting.
18. Monitoring inventory counts and auditing purchase orders to assure that all inventory receipts match invoices.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business and at least 5 years of experience in an accounting or finance-related position.
2. Experience with MS Word and MS Excel with extensive experience creating spreadsheets.
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Being flexible as the working environment does change as needed.
6. Being able to work alone and with a team.
1. 7+ years' experience in an accounting or finance environment.
2. Experience with Quickbooks and Google Documents.
3. Advanced Excel skills, utilizing functions such as lookups and pivot tables.
4. The ability to understand complex system and software processes and a requisite comfort level in working in these environments.
5. CPA preferred
Minimum of 45hrs a week can can go up to 60hrs.
Must be able to cover the time frame 8:00 a.m EST to 6:00 p.m EST