We have a website for sports-picking games (users must pick the winners of sporting matches every week). This site has about 1000 users but is growing too slowly. We want to increase viral growth by converting it into a Facebook app.
This means, instead of playing against "the world", each user will invite his own friends via Facebook and play each game against his own friends.
Site is done in very old Zend Framework (0.9) and Mootools.
- Convert backend of existing site to latest version of Zend Framework (or any other modern framework is fine, too).
- Convert frontend to using JQuery/HTML5. The games must work great from a phone. The GUI is not very complex, just entering your scoring predictions and some drag-drop to rearrange rows.
- Convert the site to a Facebook app:
* Convert entire login system to be FB-based (old accounts will NOT be converted - existing users must re-join using FB).
* Add functions for allowing users to post comments from the app into their FB account, so that they can gloat with their friends about their victories, accomplishments, etc.
* Create a notification system so that when we update the actual scores of sporting matches, the users get notification in FB and then they can go and see their standings in the games, because if they picked the winner then their ranking will go up, and if they picked wrongly then their rankings will go down.
* Create a scalable system so that if all goes well and traffic increases, that we can scale this rapidly. Even if the method is just cloning and adding servers.
* Clone some of the games we have for college basketball and football to work for professional basketball and baseball (this part is fairly easy).
We estimate there can be 1-2 man-months of work to do all this correctly, including thorough testing. But it might be more, or less, depending on your experience. This will be a fixed-price job. Contractor must review the existing games and discuss with us before confirming their quote.
You must have developed FB apps before, otherwise we will not consider.
Skills: games, facebook, football