A website that allows registered and unregistered users to publish their stories in a specific format AND have the data for those fields stored in a scale-able database (MYSQL, etc.)
A website management section wherein I can control what stories get highlighted on the home-page, etc. and other users can interact with those stories and "like" or share on FB
More specific criteria:
- Enable users to post / submit articles
- Pictures / Video or other files can be uploaded to said post
- Specific information is required for the post to publish - name, location, date, other tags, etc.
- Ppl can comment on stories
- People can post with or without an account, but Account Creation is required to edit (SSO w/ Facebook is desired)
- Anyone can "Like Stories"
- The homepage automatically features the most liked stories -- a "trending" section
- Users can follow questions, topics or other users
I'd like to start w/ a very simple version. I was about 10 seconds away from trying to bastardize a version of this on WIX and then concluded it wasn't worth my time to hack it together.
The design is less relevant -- but quite literally you could copy most of the structure from this site:
2) Ability for me to edit -- some functionality can be CSS / Ruby / PHP, etc. doesn't matter -- but some of the core management features I need to be able to edit myself. I don't care if you're a wordpress or WIX Designer and know how to hack the system to make it work, that's fantastic, it means I'll be able to maintain it. But whichever front-end and back-end solution is deployed/customized there are certain basic maintenance features I'd like to be able to handle myself w/o a PHD or doing a 6 months course in Python.
Things I've briefly explored:
1) Opensource WIKI Software
2) OpenSource Community Platforms
3) OpenSource Social Media Platforms
I sort of need a combination between the 3 and less functionality -- at the end of the day, what I'm looking for is fairly simple, but requires customization as I haven't found any out of the box solutions that work for it.
I am looking for a mix of experience and value