We are an online sports data company that provides league and team information of amateur sports teams around the world; specifically team rosters for the various leagues we follow.
We are seeking a data collection administrator who will be responsible for the research and collection of various sport team rosters as well as other relevant information. You will be required to manage a large dataset of information and therefore must be extremely organized with your work.
This position is temporary part-time (20-40 hrs per week) with the possibility of promotion and more regular status. The successful candidate may have an opportunity to stay on with the company on a more full-time basis and may even eventually manage their own team of data personnel.
The ideal candidate would have a keen interest and understanding of various team sports, as you will be expected to decipher inconsistencies in some of the data you may collect. Our focus is QUALITY (not necessarily quantity) of the data we collect and therefore you will be expected to verify your work with utmost accuracy.
As we are a website, and always making changes, any additional web experience you may have, I.E.; artistic experience, particularly with web "design", including photoshop experience would certainly be an asset but not necessary.
First and foremost, we are seeking someone who is proficient in data collection/mining. The applicant MUST be FLUENT in reading and writing American English.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria:
1. Fluent reading and writing American English with a sound grasp of the rules of grammar.
2. Dependable and available for a minimum of 4 hours, start-stop time, per day, 5 days per week
3. Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
4. Honest, loyal and hard working.
Please answer the following questions to be considered for this position. Form letters will be rejected without review.
1. What is the minimum hourly rate you will except for this type of work?
2. How many hours per week are you available?
3. How much experience have you had working with Excel? Explain some advanced formatting features you may be familiar with.
4. Will you be able to commit to spending a small amount of time on this project on a daily basis as needed in the beginning?
5. Explain any experience with social media.
6. Do you have experience with Web design, including Photoshop?
7. What are the mistakes in the following sentence: Unlike yesturday, Today will be warm, and rainy.
8. What other things can you do that might be of use to our online sports company?
9. Do you play any sports where you live?
10. Are you very familiar with any particular sports leagues in your area, if so which levels and leagues?
11. Why should I hire you?
Skills: sports, english