We are developing a cloud-based Point of Sale system.
We are looking for a DBA to review our database structure and provide us with feedback and quality improvement advise regarding:
- Field sizes that we have defined
- Is database at fully normalized level or we can normalize it further? If yes, then what changes are needed?
- On which fields we put indexing that will help us to improve performance.
- Advise on field types - If we use nvarchar instead of varchar then it will improve performance or not?
- GUID is better solution for primary keys or Integers for our database
For the purpose of this job, we will provide you with our database structure with all fields. We will also be available on Skype if you need more info.
If your skills in this job are found in line with our requirement, we will be able to then make your role more permanent and then for future work we will be able to use your skills for better and bigger jobs.