• I use data from various websites for my work
• I have a program that was developed by a friend, for me, sometime ago to automatically retrieve this data on a daily basis
• To date, this program has been useful but parts of it are no longer working and it needs several improvements
Description of Existing Program
• The autoscraper program runs on Windows 7 Home Premium
• The autoscraper program is written in Perl. The file is called autoscraper.pl
• The program uses Firefox version 19.0.2
• The program also uses the Firefox add on Mozrepl version 1.1.2
• There is a GUI that uses the GTK library
• The program outputs all data collected into preformatted excel spreadsheets
Background to the Change Requirements
• The program collects data from three sites. One of these is the OECD.
• Three types of data are collected from the OECD (1. OECD BM data; 2. OECD IP data; and 3. OECD IR data)
• Details of the location relevant data are in the program
• The OECD component of the autoscraper has stopped working. I believe the failure occurs with the OECD IP data. Once this type of data fails no other OECD data can be successfully collected
1. I would like autoscraper de-bugged so that the program successfully collects all relevant OECD data again
2. I would like the GUI to split OECD into three elements (OECD BM data, OECD IP data and OECD IR data) so that these may be selected and run individually
3. I would like the OECD data collection process to be adjusted so that if autoscraper fails then old OECD data is no removed or overwritten.
Please note that at all times I retain IP of the source code and require all source code to be provided at the end of the contract.
The contract is fixed price to be paid upon successful completion of the three change requirements.