Please type the words "writing is my passion" in the first screening question to this job posting.
We are a website design and internet marketing company and are looking for freelance writers to support us in an ongoing basis with blog posts, guest articles, press releases, text for infographics, and more. The writer will need to have flawless command of American English and be able to understand journal articles and/or technical writing, as we often supply those as resource materials.
We could also use writers capable of covering:
- Online Content and Internet Marketing
- Website Builds and Design
- Locksmith Services and Security
- Accounting and Taxes
- Pool Builds, Design, and Maintenance
- Concession Trailers and Food Trucks
Initially, we'll supply the freelance writer with a couple of writing assignments to determine mutual compatibility. If it works out for the both of us, the writer will be added to our pool of writers and receive writing assignments on an as needed basis. Often that ends up being on a monthly basis for a particular client, but may involve some special assignments as need arises.
These articles will be geared towards posting on the client's website and towards being distributed offsite. We are building authenticity for our clients, which means we do not churn out fluff pieces. Topics and guidelines will be provided each month. There may be the potential for growth as time goes on.
The ideal person for this position is:
- well versed in generating online content and SEO principles.
- familiar with online marketing strategies in relation to writing
- able to adapt writing voice to match varied client brands
- able to synthesize peer-reviewed journal resources and other similarly specialized writing for the masses
- able to meet deadlines
- exercises proactive communication
- deals well with varied client personalities (while the writer won't have direct contact with our clients, sometimes our clients' preferences will require rewrites and adjustments)
- looking for the opportunity to grow with us as we expand our business in 2018.
The rates we are looking for are as follows, please confirm they will work for you in your response to our proposal:
$10 - 499 words or less
$15 - 500-750 words
$20 - 751-1000 words
$25 - 1001-1500 words
When you respond, please:
1. Include the phrase "writing is my passion" in the first security question.
2. Supply writing samples (press release, blog post, article, website copy).
3. Describe what would make you an ideal writer for us (your education and experience, skills, etc).
4. Let us know if you would be interested in developing a long-term writing relationship with our company.
5. Do the rates above look acceptable? If not, what's your counter-offer?