Aquicore is a leading startup company in the United States setting new standards in visualizing energy usage and helping commercial buildings save money on their energy usage.
We are seeking a highly-talented User Experience Designer who will join our team and take a LEADERSHIP ROLE in building a stunning and attractive user experience - we are the mint.com for energy data!
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives the challenges of a fast-paced, start-up environment and possesses a natural bent towards innovative and creative ways of presenting data in a VISUAL, SIMPLE, and ATTRACTIVE manner.
We have build an amazing and international team of developers and product specialists who come from some of the biggest names in industry and know how to work hard and play hard.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is a Self-Starter, and knows how to be a team-player. If you are seeking to join a tight and motivated team and like to break new ground in innovative solutions, we want to hear from you.
- Play a key role in the User Interface design for our SaaS enterprise software
- Collaborate with the Founder, the Product team, UI Engineers and possibly clients to develop solutions for our fast-growing product
- Develop and deliver HIGH-FIDELIDTY MOCK-UPS and Prototypes based on product requirements and team meetings
- Create and maintain UI documentation including style guide and related material
- Enjoys communicating with and supporting developers to provide feedback on Mock-up to Developed state.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Expert level ability with Adobe InDesign and other CS5 design programs
- Ability to express an interaction experience through wireframes
- Proven experience with data-centered products such as data visualization interfaces, complex reporting dashboards, and infographics
Design degree and or comparable professional experience.
- Loves cool interfaces! And wants to use the latest in human-web interaction
Web Design Experience, or proficiency in the following is a plus:
- Familiarity with one or more data visualization tools such as D3
About Aquicore and the Team
Aquicore has pulled together 7 outstanding developers who come from industry leading names and are passionate to help you get started. The founder is an MBA student out of Georgetown who currently works with the industry-leading silicon-valley based venture capital firm that funded NetFlix. He comes from a B.S. in Physics, and has 6-years of technical and business development expertise in IT.
About the Team
We have grown to a team of 5 with additional outside support over the summer. The Chief Technology Officer is a skilled technical expert with over 15 years of IT, Database, and startup experience. The founder is an MBA student out of Georgetown who currently works with the industry-leading silicon-valley based venture capital firm that funded NetFlix. He comes from a B.S. in Physics, and has 6-years of technical and business development expertise in IT.
Aquicore is your easy and low-cost energy efficiency toolkit.
- Measure – An easy to install, low-cost sensor technology measures every circuit of your building, letting you see inside any buildings energy consumption.
- Compare – Partnering with EnergyStar, we link you with a national database of buildings and provide a simple to understand 1 – 100 ranking system. Know how you stack up vs. others.
- Act – You are immediately linked to a network of resources and information that lets you cut the time it takes to earn savings and tax credits.
We are the solution to reduce electric costs, raise building asset value, earn green building tax incentives, and improve overall building performance.
The Problem You Will Help Us Tackle!
30% of the energy consumed in an average building is wasted on inefficiency. Compounded across the nation, and energy efficiency becomes a $170 billion savings opportunity.
Skills: design, leadership