The general idea is to scan a website and its pages for some pre-determined properties and report on them. This will require website scrapping / parsing.
All the data that is parsed and processed by the application will need to be stored in a mysql database.
This needs to be developed in python3 with Django as the platform. REST API should be done using Django rest framework.
Need to decide what to use for website scraping / parsing (options are beautiful soup or lxml)
- Unix tools like dig, whois
- geoIP database (like maxmind) – called from python
- Twitter bootstrap 4
- Webscraping (using either lxml or beautiful soup)
Integration with other open source projects
- Screenshots using Google Chromium Headless (https://gist.github.com/rverton/d07a2232f4c0e1c2b9894e9bdb4fa6cf)
- Wappalyzer (https://github.com/AliasIO/Wappalyzer)
- Browsertime (https://github.com/sitespeedio/browsertime)
See more details in the attached file. The project is pretty well specified so please read it carefully before submitting your application/proposal.
How we will select a freelancer?
- a skype/whatsapp conversation to make sure that we can communicate properly
- ability to make suggestions for architectural or performance reasons (or alternative technologies etc)
- quality of prior work
- Time estimate for this project
January 21, 2018
I am looking for a mix of experience and value