Hardware: recommend an LCD display suitable for use with a Raspberry Pi
Software: Write a Java application which renders text to the display.
Notes about the display hardware:
- The less expensive the display the better - $10 maximum.
- The lower the power usage the better - the Raspberry Pi is powering other peripherals.
- The display should be backlit.
- The display should be no smaller than 20 x 4 characters.
- A wiring diagram between the Raspberry Pi and the GPIO terminals is required.
- All text will be ASCII.
- The display must require minimal GPIO pins as the other pins are mostly in use for other purposes.
Notes about the display application:
- The application must be written in Java.
- The application may use royalty-free Java libraries.
- A skeleton application driving a mock display is attached. The project will be deemed a success when the LCD display mirrors the output to the command line.
There will probably be two milestones:
1. Demonstrate a working implementation.
2. Support a remote implementation.
February 4, 2018
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers