I am looking for a native English speaker to edit a 100,821 word document. I want the document to be edited for grammar mistakes, sentence structure and professionalism to make it more readable as book.
Only native English speakers should apply, who have experience in proofing, writing, and editing and can provide a fast turnaround.
Here is what you need to know about the job itself:
1. I have a Microsoft Word 2010 document consisting of 100,821 words that I need you to read, make changes, and then return a Word document back to me upon completion of your proofreading.
2. Manual spelling check: this includes correcting mis-heard words and looking up "jargon" words (such as WordPress, Aweber, InfusionSoft, opt-in page, autoresponder) which are marked incorrectly as misspelled
3. Manual grammar check: make sure all sentences are worded in a simple way that makes sense
4. Remove "conversational" wording: this is a raw transcript from a video which means too many sentences start with "So", use informal words like "got" when "have" should be used, or have repeat words including "like" "kind of" "really" "just" and "such as" ... these need to be tightened up
5. Reword confusing or awkwardly worded sentences and shorten them if possible. You must lookup any words or phrases you do not understand. I want the text broken up into small paragraphs of no more than 3-6 sentences each. Please only split a paragraph where it makes sense to break it up.
6. After editing of the Word document, please provide me with your HONEST opinion about the book in a few sentences or so. What you liked, what you didn't like, what didn't make sense, what should be removed or what should be added. IMPORTANT: I am looking for honest feedback, do not hold back, do not simply provide "good" or "bad" feedback, please be honest.
Here is what you need to know about applying for this job:
A. This is a flat rate job. I will not pay more than the price listed above, but feel free to bid cheaper than the price listed.
B. You must have at least 10 hours of experience here on odesk.com with at least 3 feedbacks from different people.
C. You must put the words "Boo-yah!" in your response to this job posting. If those words are not the first thing in your response you will not be considered for this job.
D. I will send you a sample page (1 page Word document) for you to read, edit, and send it back for me so I get an idea of your editing skills.
E. I need this transcription completed by December 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM Eastern time. If you cannot complete this assignment by then, please do not apply.
F. You will need to send me a daily email telling me what you have accomplished that day and how close you are to completing the project.
G. At the end of your reply put the words "Look what I can do!" so I can be sure you read and understand this description.
Skills: english, grammar