We are looking for partners to work with us in developing a Prototype for Remote Presence Robotics Technology.
As the managing staff, I am geographically located in Aklan, Philippines. We are more inclined to seek and establish work relationship with professionals from Iloilo (or Panay) and Negros, Philippines. But if not, we are still open to interview any professional from any location.
I am working for an Entrepreneurial Start-up Robotics company that aims to develop a Remote Telepresence Robot with an economical price to target the mass level of production. Here is a simple description taken from our Project Guide Book to help partners have a better grasp:
Vision: A quality telepresence device with a robotic arm that costs below $1000.
Project Introduction: Given the high cost of the market (the cheapest current model is $2500 US), our team goal is to put Telepresence in the hands of "ordinary people." We want to make a high quality unit available for just under a $1000 and offer increased functionality such as the "real robotics arm" (which no one else offers at the moment). We want to innovate this niche market by following the same path paved by the Android and Samsung Market when they won that niche by making the touch technology for the masses.
Here are the components we consider:
Metallurgical: The telescoping bodyRobotic armThe base and omni-drive wheelsDistance sensorsRobot-style head mount
Electrical: Charging Unit
Electronics CPU, distance sensors,communications
Here are some more details:
1. The project is in a long-term projection, and in a slow pace.
2. We consider to integrate 3D Printing technology to achieve low-cost goal.
3. A partner is working for us from the country of Bosnia. She is a mechanical engineer working for the project's mechanical parts.
4. Here is a recent website we had just finished: http://twitbotics.com/.
For this reason, I'd like to ask for a few questions if you are interested:
1. How much and what are some background experiences you have in developing electronics for robotics?
2. Have you had experience with remote video technology such as Cisco technologies?
3. What skills do you think you can offer in relation to the project?
4. Are you interested to work as a part-time, freelance, and long-term for such a project?
We could wait for 1 week to receive your response. We hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Please apply to this job if you are available.