We are offering a full time position for a highly skilled, accurate and detailed estimator.
We are a construction company specialising in residential buildings.
We tend to build apartment buildings and also multiple townhouses.
Due to the expansion of our company, we are seeking an estimator to join our team.
As we are after a highly skilled and accurate estimator the salary package will be attractive to the right candidate. This will be based on your accuracy, speed and skill.
- Quantity take offs for construction material
- Data Entry (minor role)
- Creating detailed scope of works for contractors
- Requesting and following up on quotes
- 3 years previous experience (minimum) as an estimator for a construction company
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Must be very accurate and detailed when performing quanitity take offs
- Must have an excellent knowledge construction and reading plans
- Must be able to read engineering and architectural drawings
- Must be able to create a detailed bill of quantities
- Able to create a detailed scope of works for contractors
- Fluent in English, both writing and speaking and easy to understand over the phone.
- Although accuracy is the most important requirement, we will expect an experienced estimator to be able to perform work in a reasonable time frame.
- Must be able to follow up with the different subcontractors and trades to get the quotes on the required time
- Must be easy contactable within the Australian working hours
We have attached a page of questions that we would like you to answer in order to be considered for this position. This questionaire will show us that you have the experience to be suited to this position.
Please don't apply without filling out this questionaire.
Skills: engineering, english