We are seeking a driven, passionate assistant to join our team. We are a small, growing indie publishing company that publishes works of women's fiction.
Ideal candidate has:
-Great organizational skills
-Reads fiction (romance) regularly (not required, but preferred.)
-Natural problem solving skills
-Ability to work well in teams
-Exceptional response time
-Project Management experience
-Likes to work fast!
This role has lots of room for growth and career development. You will be working together with a small, passionate team.
We need assistance with the following;
1. Book formatting (We can instruct, but prior experience preferred.)
2. Posting to Facebook. Monitor and answer all customer inquiries.
3. Light Proof/Copy editing.
4. Mailchimp/Email management
5. Managing writers and ensuring deadlines are met.
6. Evaluating stories for quality and providing feedback on improvements.
If you regularly read fiction (romance, sci-fi, historical) please mention it in your proposal!
We will hire you for a series of test jobs. If your skills fit with our company, we can proceed with a long term agreement!
Please also answer the questions below to be considered:
1. Do you feel your English grammar is sufficient enough for light proofreading of manuscripts?
2. Are you available 7 days a week? What are the daily work hours you could accommodate? How many hours a week can you work?
3. What are your long-term career plans?
4. We are considering several other applicants...is your rate negotiable?
5. Would you feel comfortable doing light calculations and creating spreadsheets from financial data?
6. Do you feel you could manage and track deadlines for a team of translators? Do you have any management experience?
7. Are you comfortable working with fiction stories that contain explicit content? Some of our stories contain violence and steamy romantic scenes.
8. Are you interested in a long-term business agreement?
9. Do you read romance novels? If so, who do you read?
10. Would you be willing to complete a one (1) hour trial task?
11. Do you have sufficient spoken English skills?
12. Are you available via Skype for interviews, meetings, and other communication?
13. Our main company mission is to acquire more talented writers. If hired, what possible ideas would you contribute to this objective?
14. Are you able to make changes to covers or graphics if necessary -- do you have any Photoshop experience?
15. Are you able to make developmental edits to stories if needed?
16. Can you come up with full plot ideas or premises based on a short description if needed?
*PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ANSWERS.*
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much!
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers