Looking for an experienced Delphi Developer for ongoing project work, to build, or modernize and extend, existing Delphi applications. You'll get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from desktop to mobile, REST backends and Cloud Services. Along the way you'll get exposure to Devops, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Automated Testing, and Scrum/Agile methodologies.
Code Partners is Embarcadero's Master Reseller for Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. It's also home to some of the most experienced Delphi developers around. This is a great opportunity for you to work on a wide range of interesting projects, learn a bunch and have a lot of fun along the way.
Successful applicant must have:
- proven commercial experience with Delphi
- rock-solid VCL skills
- solid understanding of object-oriented development practices, including separation of concerns and unit testing
- good Relational Database/SQL experience with SQL Server, Firebird, or similar
- good communication skills, including spoken and written English
- disciplined development habits, including version control, issue management, testing
Experience with one or more of the following would be a bonus:
- Server-side REST programming
- FireMonkey for mobile apps (iOS, Android)
- DUnit/Unit Testing
- Git and GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab
Location isn't that important, however at least 2 hours overlap with the Sydney business day would be preferred.
If possible, please include in your application web links to some of your own source code that you are proud of. Whether or not that is possible, please describe what was challenging or interesting about this code.
Note that your application will not be considered if your answer to a screening question is vague, incomplete, or contains source code.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a technical test, up to 1 hour.
***No agencies please***
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value