Gooten is a NYC-based platform that enables artists, entrepreneurs, and large brands to sell their designs and photo assets—which are printed and fulfilled through the platform—globally on over one hundred different products. We’re used by thousands of businesses and have shipped over a million items to over 140 countries. Since the technology is a silent back-end to many popular apparel and photo based sites, you may already own something we’ve made without knowing it!
We’re seeking a Django Engineer to work collaboratively with the Product, Marketing, and Design teams. In this role, you will be responsible for providing the leadership and talent that materializes into quality, maintainable front-end code that so many businesses depend on.
You will work alongside our CTO, Design, and Product Leads who are looking forward to supporting your work.
* Collaborating with product management and design to implement innovative solutions for our product's visuals and experience
* Providing the leadership necessary to create an as solid as possible foundation for all future front-end tasks
* Executing all front-end and back-end tasks from providing input during the design stages to implementation and deployment
* Ensuring that we're squeezing the most performance we can out of our experience
Effective candidates are expected to bring the following qualifications and experience:
* A minimum of 5 years of JS and HTML/CSS experience
* A minimum of 3 years of django development
* Experience with react/redux/webpack/bootstrap is nice
* Experience with architecting front-end applications from project start to finish
Nice to haves:
* Experience working with e-commerce platforms
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value