This is a role for an experienced editor to take care of the overall editing of articles published in an online magazine.
These are the tasks involved:
– Communicate with the writers, approve/disapprove/modify their pitches for the articles, give them feedback and guidance as needed, and ensure timely submission by them.
– Edit 2-4 articles per week:
– – Content- and structure-editing
– – Grammar- and style-editing
– – Fact-checking if and when needed
– Collaborate with the graphic designer who creates an image for each article, and give him guidance/ feedback to ensure that the image will be appropriate and favorable for the article.
– Follow our house style in the editing process.
This person will have to familiarize him/herself with the company's focus and the field in which we operate, so all content editing and guidance can be done with that focus in mind. Familiarizing yourself with our audience will also help in successfully fulfilling this role.
– Critical thinking
– Excellent English (this is self-evident)
– Familiarity with a particular writing style is helpful (e.g. MLA, APA, Chicago Style, etc.)
– Great organizational skills
This is for a longer-term arrangement.
Please show me some samples of your editing, or writing, or both.
December 13, 2017
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers