We are looking for a front-end web developer who is an expert when it comes to HTML/CSS/jQuery and other front-end technologies who can take designs from a PSD and convert them into cross-browser compatible websites.
Job Requirements Include:
1. Must read, write, and understand English.
2. Must be able to work in Photoshop.
3. Must be an expert in HTML/CSS and current W3C Web Standards.
4. Good communication is a must. This means checking in to give status updates daily.
5. Must be proficient with jQuery. Being able to use plugins / libraries created by others is NOT enough.
6. Must be an efficient worker.
7. Some PHP knowledge is preferred.
8. A good eye for design is required.
9. The ability to create good and unique designs is a plus and may lead to being allowed to design full websites versus just code a given design.
Occasionally, the applicant may be asked to code email newsletters and mobiles websites.
This is potentially a full-time position depending on how well we enjoy working with the applicant.
Code MUST meet W3C standards and must be formatted correctly. All applicants who are seriously interested must provide us with an example of a website that the applicant has coded, including all JS, CSS, and other like files. No agencies will be considered and need not apply.
If you would like to also be considered for the purpose of design, please include a design portfolio. Select three designs from your portfolio to take a screen shot of in Photoshop or Illustrator that shows the layers palette.
We are looking to hire immediately. No agencies will be considered. This is a full-time position that we are offering and expect the applicant to be able to work 30 hours a week minimum.
If you are an agency and think we should consider you, make a tremendous pitch on how you could help us and why we should go with you.
Skills: design, newsletters