Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
The world paused this year, to take a breath, and recognize the human impact on the planet and on each other is causing global distress. Some of us noticed this decades ago, some of us are noticing now for the first time. And that is ok, but now is the time we must take action.
But being a good human has challenges. Societal norms and consumerism have taught us to take the convenient and privileged path. But there is a hidden deep cost for those choices that increasingly more of us are noticing every day. So...we have built an immersive mobile app, GoodHuman, to discover all things ethical and sustainable. It leverages a powerful curation platform we’ve designed based on decades of experience building and growing content companies.
We are a funded early stage startup seeking a stellar Full Stack Developer who loves to code iOS apps + supported infrastructure and is ready to build something for good.
Imagine a world where everyone can be a good human. A safe and secure community where conscious consumers can connect with others on the same mission and use their spending power to make a positive impact in the world. That’s the world we’re building. And we’re looking for people with integrity who are motivated by the idea of building a community with great positive impact.
If you are a Full Stack developer with front-end and back-end experience, who is passionate about building something that can have a positive impact on others and the world, we need you.
- Work closely with CTO/CPO
- Define, design, develop, and implement high quality software solutions in all layers of the application stack, from infrastructure to front-end
- Design protocols, algorithms and APIs between system components including server/client interactions and APIs
- Support and enhance a consumer-facing MOBILE app (iOS and Android)
- Manage external developer team for special projects
- Attention to detail
- Experience with at least one backend framework (e.g. React, Vue, Angular, Laravel)
- Experience developing iOS and Android apps
- Experience and excitement to work with Flutter (we’re using Flutter/DART for iOS & Android apps)
- A deep understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining REST or GraphQLl APIs
- Experience with Firebase, Kubernetes and GCS
- Strong understanding of data structures, object-oriented design, and algorithms
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and available in the PST or Central time zones
- You LOVE to get your hands dirty and code
- You’re a self-starter and strong finisher
- You write well and communicate clearly
- Must have built iOS apps
- Must have used Flutter or extremely open to it
- Must care about humans, animals and the planet
- The top traits we look for in candidates are voracious curiosity, positive attitude and a sense of mission. We love people who attempt to do things that their resume says they're unqualified to do and things that would scare normal people in their position.
This isn't our first time as startup founders. We've set out to create a very intentional, high-performance and mission-driven culture. We work long hours, but we try to practice good self-care, and encourage all team members to do the same