PLEASE PUT YOUR LOCATION IN THE BID. WE'RE SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR DEVELOPERS WHO CAN WORK 9-5 EST (PLUS OR MINUS A FEW HOURS). THIS MEANS CANDIDATES IN NORTH AMERICA, MEXICO, SOUTH AMERICA WILL BE PREFERRED.
Join the Trove team!
Trove is an application who recovers abandoned shopping carts for eCommerce stores. What does this mean? Well, say you’re a shopper who’s looking for a new watch. You are on your phone shopping around when you add a new timepiece to a cart on an online store. At that moment, you realize that you left your wallet in your car. As you’re already in bed for the night, you close out of the store. This is where Trove comes in. You then receive an email that is a reminder to purchase the watch – then a message directly through Facebook messenger the next day when it’s a more convenient time to check out. You check out and the store makes their sale that otherwise would have been lost.
The Full Stack Developer will work end-to-end on our current applications and new applications. You will work closely with our Founder and Head of Marketing throughout the software development process, detailing requirements, reviewing work in progress, and addressing issues found via manual test efforts. This is a 40 hour a week full-time position.
On a daily basis, your work will include:
Responsibilities and Duties
• Backend development in Ruby and Rails
• Frontend development in React.js
• Unit and integration test development using RSpec, Cucumber, and Capybara
• Active participation in team conversations
• Active participation in Peer Code Reviews
Qualifications and Skills
• 5+ years of Full Stack, web-based application development (must have)
• 2+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails (must have)
• 2+ years of development experience with ReactJS or another modern front-end framework
• 5+ years of HTML / CSS development (ideally)
• 2+ years of test automation development in a Ruby on Rails environment (ideally)
• Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modelling practices
• Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology (ideally you have experience of this already)
• Ability to work independently or as part of a group effort
• Solid problem-solving ability
• Excellent communication skills
• Collaborative approach to software development
• The person for this opportunity must be someone who understands the needs and demands of a startup.
• Releases will happen weekly.
• Move quickly.
• They expect someone who is really smart but not arrogant about it. Humble. Willing to listen. Willing to accept feedback, criticism, new suggestions.
• Must be able to code very well.
• Definitely needs the soft skills.
• Must be able to do code reviews with others, explain thought processes and why something was coded a particular way.
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates