We pay a low base hourly rate, but also pay Huge Bonuses.
Base Hourly Rate: $3.33/$3.00 per hour base salary.
You can double or triple that pay through several Incentive Results Based Bonuses (details will be disclosed during the interview).
1) A degree from the University of the Philippines (any campus).
2) Ranked top 10% in a few oDesk tests, and top 20% or 30% in several others.
My company is seeking very reliable web designer with impeccable English writing skills for ongoing work. We have a large amount of websites that need to be created, so we are looking for someone who can work full time.
We develop informational websites. Each website helps readers achieve an objective. One website will help readers apply for the Green Card Lottery. Another will help readers lose weight. A third website will help readers detoxify from mercury poisoning. More websites will be developed after the first three. They need to be regularly updated to maintain high search engine ranking. In each website, a discussion forum will be installed and monitored.
Outline of Responsibilities:
About 50% of your work will be web design and content writing. For each website, you will have to do a lot of online learning to become expert in the topic. You will then design the website and fill it with content. You will ad Google AdSense ads and banner ads to generate income for the company. You will need to submit the domain names to search engines, and do SEO optimization to generate traffic to the websites. You will have minimum income targets that you need to generate to keep the job, and goal income targets above which you will be paid a bonus in addition to your regular pay.
Another 50% of your work will be various technical and marketing projects, depending on your skills and what you like to work on.
Please do not apply unless you are prepared to commit at least 40 hours per week – this means that we strongly prefer employees that do not have other jobs (either online or offline). Those who wish to work longer are of course encouraged to do so – the more hours you put in, the more money you make, and the more we will value and reward you as an employee. Those who only spend 20 hours per week working with us will unfortunately not be retained for very long. The ideal candidate will stay with us for at least a year, if not longer.
* Excellent English writing skills; must be able to understand and rewrite content descriptions
* Superior English grammar and punctuation skills
* Quickly able to learn new online tools (with help of course)
* Dedicated and reliable – someone ready to work longer hours
* Must have a very fast and reliable internet connection (prepaid kits not recommended)
* Fast, efficient and high attention to detail
* Interested in a longer term relationship with our company
* A positive, happy personality
* Willing and ready to provide feedback and ask questions
* High ranking in several oDesk tests. We value most website design related skills tests and English tests. But any test that can demonstrate that the candidate can master a topic by ranking in the top 10% or top 20% is welcome.
* Experience is helpful but not necessary. Demonstrated ability to master topics through high ranking in oDesk tests trumps experience. Recent university graduates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants that seem to fit the position will be hired to develop DV2016.com, a Green Card Lottery website similar to DVLottery.com. If you fit the requirements of the position well, we'll officially hire you. We screen all applicants thoroughly as we’re looking to build a lasting relationship. We're a fun, small company, and would love to work with you!
* Please write a cover letter specifically for this job. We will use this to evaluate your writing skills, so please do not submit a pre-written cover letter.
* Please also write a brief (less than 50 words) answer to this question below:
“Let’s say that you were going to develop DV2016.com (Informational website about the Green Card Lottery). Describe the GOALS of the website.
Please do your best to write clear, natural sounding English – punctuation and grammar are also equally important in this assignment. You'll be trained by and working with the owner of the company..
PLEASE NOTE: This job pays a base hourly rate of $3.00 ($3.33 to oDesk). We will reject applicants who bid more. But remember you can much more through the Incentive Bonus if you do a good job at promoting the sites and at getting good results from the other projects.