Our company is one of the leading comparison services in Australia, aiming to empower individuals to make better financial decisions. We are looking for a Website publishing assistant in our Global Publishing and Editorial team. Your core activity will be assisting the team with maintaining product information that displays on our comparison website to ensure it's up to date and accurate at all times.
We pride ourselves on having one of the best cultures to work in, especially for remote workers. Once you join us, you are treated as a real team member. We aim to hire, develop and retain the best talent available in the market. In return, we expect the full focus and loyalty of our talent, as we work to take over the global market together.
This opportunity will provide you with a great team, challenging work every day and the environment to develop a long term career with a fast growing company. We are a company who seeks the most talented hires and work hard to retain and develop our team members. Our global publishing support team boast an impressive cohort of member all over the world, coming from a range of disciplines. Our retention rate is something we are proud of, with some members boasting 8+ years working with us.
--Key pillars of success--
To succeed in this role, you must possess the following qualities:
-High perseverance and grit. The ability to overcome difficult challenges.
-A natural curiosity to learn and improve yourself every day.
-Strong time management abilities.
-Experience in data entry.
-Working cohesively with team members.
You must possess experience in:
- Wordpress: Working with different content formats and copy to help users.
- Database entry: Managing large sets of data in spreadsheets and maintaining product data on websites.
- Task Management Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Trello)
- Google Sheets
- Bonus: Interest in digital marketing
-Stable internet connection
-Video Calls: equipment and internet (ongoing and training)
-Ideally: flexible hours
- Extremely high attention to detail to ensure our website is compliant with all lending practices and all our product rates, fees and offers are correct at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capabilities to complete tasks such as internet research (such as finding the best shopping and travel deals available), website content updates and database
- Fluent in HTML
- Experience using Wordpress
- Proficiency with Google sheets, (VLOOKUP) Google Docs
- Be ready and available always during work hours on Skype to collaborate with your team members
- Be self-disciplined to meet and exceed our expectations of you
- A high understanding of the typical UK, US or Australian audience and its contexts
- Sign a non-disclosure agreement and non-compete agreement before starting
- Always ask for help when needed
- Have a positive energy and enthusiasm for your work
- A desire to genuinely help people
- Live and breathe our company values (which will be sent to you as part of your induction)
- Have fun whilst working hard
- Have a set weekly salary, based on a ~38 hour week
Please only apply if you are fluent in English. You will need a stable internet connection. If you’re living in an area with frequent power or internet outages, please don’t apply.
Working hours either:
- from 8:30am to 5:30pm in Australia/Sydney timezone (AEST)
- from 8:30am to 5:30pm in North American, Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Testimony from one of our newest members:
"I've always struggled with finding meaning in my work. I've always managed to keep myself busy, earning a good keep, but it was always just delivering outputs that I never know if they've made any sort of difference.
When I answered a job post on Upwork about the publishing support position, I thought it was gonna be another data entry job - mechanical and boring stuff. I was prepared for it, because to be honest, as long as it's long term and stable, I will wing it. Little did I know that what I will find is something that I've been looking for for so long. Finally, I get to do, learn and contribute into something I've struggled to undertake in the last few years.
It's also quite touching to include us (distributed team) in sessions like the 90 Days Crew meetings, Straight Up with J - it's the first time in a long time that I truly felt I belong, appreciated for what I am, and the diversity I bring at work. Thank you. In one of my previous jobs, they changed my name to Lily Parker in all my correspondences so the clients won't know they are not dealing with a non-American. So yeah, thanks for letting me keep my name at work, haha.
I'm just absolutely blown away, and I can't wait to contribute in meaningful ways in my time here at finder. Thank you thank you thank you."
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value