Hi, I'm seeking a composer/music arranger to:
- create 30 backing tracks of cover songs for live performances.
- Songs are classic Chinese and English golden oldies (1950s onwards).
- there is no sheet music, only reference is whatever covers and originals we can find on YouTube, Spotify etc
- I'm seeking someone who can put their own creative spin on the songs, to create modern multi-instrument arrangements of old ballads into jazz, latin and/or big band beats suitable for a dinner and dance event (ballroom, cha cha, rhumba etc). So, you’ll need to create the tracks from scratch, and work with my team to figure out the correct key.
- Because these tracks are for live performances, all tracks will need segregation of verse and chorus so the singers have proper place markers throughout. And because they are classic songs, some of them will need to be instantly recognisable. Eg. The first few bars of Sway instantly get people’s attention and onto the dance floor.
This is a Collaboration Project - we want to find a freelancer who's going to enjoy collaborating with us on our ideas and committing to the brief we give you. This will require multiple conversations over many weeks to get the tracks to the style and quality we want. In saying that, we will offer you a lot of creative freedom to arrange these tracks, as long as we can work with them as singers and will fit the brief for a toe-tapping fun dinner and dancing night for people of baby boomer age
This is a pilot event night and if it's successful, we expect to perform at more gigs and will need to add more songs, so there'll be future work possibilities!
Deadline for these 30 tracks are:
15 tracks by 12th August 2018
Balance of 15 tracks by 31st August 2018.