(With banners I mean all the images with text on top, not the products)
My business is to create e-commerce shops for small independent clothing retailers in Norway. As part of this I want to offer them a library of banner templates they can use. The plan is to create banners for the 3 customers I have now, but make these available also for all new customers. Over time the library will grow and take into account the needs of a broad range of fashion stores.
Initially there are some specific tasks I need to get done as described in the attached PPT. For the right freelancer there will however be additional work going forward as I get more customers and need to add to the template library.
Other requirements about the tasks:
- All templates need to have good cross browser compatibility
- Templates should work on both desktop and mobile devices. (i.e. need to use media queries). Ideally we should only have 1 breakpoint (for example 600 px) to separate between desktop and mobile, but open for inputs on this.
- If possible we need make the template look good also if the length of the text changes. E.g. What happens when the user write a longer button text than in the template? I understand there are limits to this, but hoping for some inputs on how to do this. Probably we need multiple iterations.
- The goal is not to have as many templates as possible, but rather have a few solid ones that we can show in multiple versions and examples. For example all templates should have a button (e.g. "shop now"), but on some examples we will add a "display:none;" to the button. Also all templates should have the possibility to have an overlay with transparency so it is easy to darken the image to make the text easier to read. If not in use we will set the overlay to fully transparent. We can also make the same template but with different fonts that match the image.
- I have a subscription to adobe stock that can be used to find images and gradient/pattern backgrounds. Some the work will there also be to find additional background images that fits the needs of different stores (e.g. clothing stores for Men vs clothing stores only for women, high end designer stores, vs low end cheaper clothes). This will be easier to see when you know the products range in each store.
- Initially we can create the templates in codepen (or similar if you have preferences). The plugin I use to publish the banners on my NopCommerce installation needs to be upgraded before we can use it properly.
- Design skills are more important than technical CSS skills, but I hope to find someone who is good at both. The ideal freelancer that I want to work with over time will be able come up with own designs based on my customers needs. E.g.: to the summer I need to create "summer banners". I would expect the right freelancer to independently come up with good ideas for the stores I am running at that time. Each time I get a new customer we also need to create category specific banners (see PPT for example) and I would need help to find the right images for the this.
I will evaluate candidates mostly on their design skills and hope the right candidate have an impressive portfolio to show.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value