Major brands are continually asking for more and more technology to be included in their displays and in store experiences. As such consistent design implementation ‘problems’ arise that require knowledgeable decisions to be made that keep the end objective aligned with in budgetary constraints.
We are a leader in the POP (point of purchase) industry and we are looking for an electronic technician to join our team.
The position will include a multitude of skillsets including building prototype , troubleshooting, decision-making, process documentation, creative problem solving.
Overall it will be very interesting work with new challenges presented daily.
- Collaborate with digital team to execute prototype designs.
- Build/modify designs based on customers desired expierence.
- Write new, procedure documents so that anyone with reasonable experience can follow the document and complete a task. You will be the first to make the design and will hand off your learning documents to production lines.
- Generate solutions to problems and document them for future reference.
- Monitor project deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for streamlining building processes.
-Ability to reprogram existing hardware to change it’s functionally for a retail experience.
A open mind to view projects objectively and realize there are always more then one way to solve a problem
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills - Hard working
- Proactive - Friendly
Nice to have:
- Experience compiling components into a final product.
- Good industry experience
- A complete understanding of tools and material used in the POP space.
- Electronics troubleshooting
- References or an established reputation on any online technical forum.
- Development and ideation skills for new products or improvement on existing products
All tasks shall start with a brief description of the intended outcome, any risks or foreseen hurdles shall be identified at the start of each project.
An open collaborative atmosphere is expected with strict attention to priority projects. Support is always available no matter the question however it is expected that an initiative for reasonable decision making always is present.
We never expect anyone to have all the answers but we do expect that basic steps are taken to determine the answer on your own, and if questions still are not answered always feel that the support of others will be available no matter the question.
An organized and structured work style are a must. Communication and documentation will happen digitally so that content is accessible from anywhere and is easily changed for everyone to view.
High Level Tasks
Daily (Mon-Fri, ideally early afternoon GMT)
1. Quick daily check (exact process will be to answer 3 questions. What did I do today? What am I going to do tomorrow? What problems / tools/ questions do I need help in solving)
2. Report on Asana.
Biweekly meeting (skype or in person every 2nd Tuesday afternoon)
1. Check in alpha/beta project progress
2. Over view of live project progress
3. Over view of improvement suggestions
1. Clean up any un finished asana tasks
2. Report on most asked for/most used electronic products
3. Evaluate area most time is spent.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the largest brands in the world on cutting edge retail engagement technology. The work environment often times involves unrealistic deadlines and multiple components being brought together very quickly to complete a new and unique experience. A methodical project thought process with a swift hand at implementation will be paramount qualities for the successful candidate.
In your reply please mention the color of the sky because we want to make sure that you have read the entire post.
We look forward to learning more about you!
More than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value