Only freelancers located in the U.S. may apply.U.S. located freelancers only
Our company is working with the Holocaust museum in our city to make over 140 oral histories available online. These oral histories are firsthand accounts from individuals who lived through the Holocaust. Their experiences range from individuals who were sent to concentration camps to those who were catholic living in Germany at the time. Once the website is live, visitors will be able to listen or read the accounts, view photos, find inspirational or interesting quotes and learn more through an interactive map and timeline for each person. We are incredibly honored to be able to work on this project and we need your help to build out certain sections of the content and bring these stories to life.
What You'll Be Provided
- 70 oral histories with the recorded audio interviews
- In most cases a transcript of the recorded audio interviews
- In many cases a written summary of the person's oral history
- Written instructions and a training with someone on our team to go through the process
You Will Need to Read or Listen to the Oral Histories and Complete the Following
- Document the person's nationality
- Categorize the person's experiences such as "Sent to Concentration Camp", "Liberated", "Suffered from Typhoid Fever", etc.
- For each location where the person was, you'll need to note the location's name, along with the month and year they were there
- For each location where the person was, you'll need to write a brief one or two sentence summary of their time there
- For each location where the person was, you'll need to find that location on a Google Map
- Categorize the locations where the person spent time by using the name of each location such as "Frankfurt", "Poland", "New York", "Auschwitz Concentration Camp", etc. to be used for filtering
- Find an interesting or compelling quote from the oral history
- Enter the content above along with a pre-written short biography and the transcripts into a customized version of the WordPress content management system (let us know if you're uncomfortable working with WordPress, so we can either enter the content internally or train you to use it)
- We would like to complete training and have you start entering content no later than the last week of January
- We would like the content entry completed by Friday, March 23rd
To ensure you read this entire job description, please write "See Spot Run" at the end of the answer to one of your screening questions.
Thanks and we're excited to work with you on this project!
I am looking for a mix of experience and value