Keene Systems is a 25 year old software development firm specializing in website development with Microsoft Technologies, specifically ASP.Net, SQL Server and DotNetNuke. See: http://www.KeeneSystems.com
We have a series of links to relevant technologies on one of our sites. This needs to be reviewed every year to remove dead links, add new links, remove old technologies and add new technologies. This must be done by someone who understands these technologies (i.e. a programmer) who can make a judgment call about the quality of the link and whether or not it would be useful to a programmer. You can see the links on the right side of the page here: http://www.sql-server-vb-asp.net
I will give you a simple HTML file containing all of the links. The following needs to be done:
1) Review all existing links to ensure there are no dead links. If you have an automated way of discovering dead links in an html file then great, use it.
2) If a current link looks particularly week in comparison to the other links in a category then delete it.
3) Do some Google / Bing searches to find a few more additional web pages / sites of interest for each topic, particularly topics that only have a few items.
4) Delete entire topics where indicated and add the new topics listed.
5) Brand new topics will need to be researched in Google / Bing to come up with some new interesting links that would be of interest to programmers.
Topics with notes:
.Net Resource Sites
Visual Studio –Add new links for Visual Studio 2012
.Net Tutorials – Add new links for Visual Studio 2012 examples
WPF / XBAP – Remove this
.Net Code Samples
DotNetNuke / DNN
Silverlight / Microsoft Expression / XAML – Remove this
Azure Cloud Computing
XML / XSLT
Web Services / Windows Communication Foundation
.Net 4.0 Security
.Net 4.0 Tools
.Net User Groups Near Boston
SQL Server – Add new links to SQL Server 2012 specific stuff
.Net Publications / .Net News / .Net Forums
Windows 8 Metro Development
Do not simply copy lists from other sources and do not put any links to consulting firms, only informational sites. Last time this was done it took one person about 2-3 days to complete.