This job is to research and identify a VOIP solution for my company.
You will be required to research a large number of VOIP solutions (as many as possible, minimum 10) and produce a spread sheet with the results. You will also be required to provide a recommendation on a solution identifying why you have picked this solution and what advantages it has over the competition.
The information you will need to gather from a wide range of products is below. We would like you to set up an excel form on each Application:
• Application name
• Company produced by
• Cost per installation
• Cost per call to other users
• Can you dial to land lines and mobile numbers?
• Cost per call per minute to land lines (domestic and international)
• Cost per call per minute to mobile numbers (domestic and international)
• Annual cost per user
• Can the application be rebranded with our company brand?
• Does the application have an API that we can use to develop a new user GUI?
• Does the application have video capabilities?
• Does the application have a screen sharing option?
• Does the application have a screen capture option such as oDesk for its jobs. A lot of our employees will need to work remotely and their managers need to be able to monitor their work?
• Summary of application feedback on the internet forums
• Does the application require registration with the organisation that created it (like Skype)?
• Does the application have conference facilities (multiple parties in one call)
• Does the application require installation to a PC or is it entirely web based?
The recommendation that you make will need to satisfy the following criteria:
• Low user cost per year
• Preferably no call costs
• Must have screen capture technology like what oDesk provides
• Must have video capabilities
• Must have the ability to rebrand or alternatively access to an API to enable development of a GUI.
Please provide a sample of some of your previous research on software solutions.
Internet research & analysis skills