* Game at a large conference using iBeacons.
How we need help:
* To support our iOS developer.
* Action-based -- A number of attendees (employees and clients) have an app installed that tracks location using a set of iBeacons
* Mobile App -- The app shows how much movement the user has made (iBeacon zone changes).
* Incentives -- When the user has made more than a certain number of geographical movements, then they get an incentive (e.g. a bottle of drink or a Mars bar). The app shows their progress to getting further incentives.
Audience Segmentation -- The app also shows a ‘conference animal’ that fits the users’ behaviour and short description of the animal.
Presence at the Stand -- At the stand, there is a big screen showing the users who are taking part sorted by progress and the next incentive that they are working towards.
In the background:
● Listens for beacons
● Caches list of last visited beacon locations.
● Sends the list to the back-end server
● Fetches database of beacons, incentives and ‘conference animals’
Simple front-end showing the:
● Progress overall
● Next incentive
● Current ‘conference animal’
● Push notifications when they can collect an incentive.
Before the event starts (date based)
● Simply a message asking the user to allow the app to use location
● And saying something special will be happening, perhaps with a link to a landing page
● Internet access will be sporadic and limited. Must be able to handle long periods (say 30 minutes) without access before sending information back to server.
The Köln Messe is absolutely huge….284 000 m3. There is also extremely limited internet access.
To say you have read and understand the requirements please respond by saying what technology beacons use.
Additionally in your application please provide examples of past applications.