We are looking for an engineer that can build an initial prototype with possibility of additional deliverables. This is what I'd like to discuss with you and understand how your previous experience can fit to our tasks.
The requirements for prototype are:
- Some kind of micro computer built on Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- It should be connected to RFID reader, plus we need to be able to write some data to RFID tags
- It also should be connected to a speaker
- I think that the core logic of the device should be written on some high-level language, like on Node.js
- A flash memory to store the audio files is also required
- And, of course, it should have a rechargeable battery
So the hardware should host a Linux with running Node.js HTTP server that receives signals from RFID reader, process them and plays audio files on the speaker.
After building the prototype, we'll make this device more complex, by a adding
- Bluetooth connection with an application on parent's phone - settings, content updates, etc
- A microphone to record a child's voice
- Speech-to-text and Text-to-speech engines (libraries) working on the device
-an accelerometer that can provide more interaction
Please answer these questions in your application:
Do you have experience with these kind of microprocessors?
What questions do you have?
How would you build this?
This job was posted from a mobile device, so please pardon any typos or any missing details.
I am looking for a mix of experience and value