Need an Industrial Designer to assist with the design and development of pet furniture products. We have constructed a proof of concept for the first model with materials locally available. We need a designer with experience taking products from design to manufacture to improve the concept model. The final design must be functional, safe, aesthetically pleasing, and can be tooled, produced and packaged reasonably inexpensively.
A background in product development, mechanical engineering, industrial design and the manufacturing process itself is essential. Please only apply if you have prior experience in taking a product from design to production (not only cool/creative designs). We will be relying on your expertise and knowledge of manufacturing requirements (such as tolerances, minimum thicknesses, and safety requirements) and your experience with prototyping products. Contacts you have within the manufacturing space are also of value. You will work with cost estimators and engineers to make the product, paying particular mind to safety, cost and ease of assembly and packaging.
Must be able to start immediately and work consistently until project completion. Must also have a reliable high speed internet connection to share desktop and online collaboration, and agree to signing of a non disclosure agreement.
After receipt of signed NDA a project summary will be provided to prospective candidates including an existing sketch of the product. Prior to hiring, prospective candidates shall provide a design concept proposal and if selected shall be reimbursed up to three hours upon hiring.
Please send your portfolio and relevant experience you have in product design, package design and manufacturing prototypes.
Deliverables shall be product source files, STL files for 3D prototype printing, animations, manufacturing drawings in PDF.
We are looking for the following skills/attributes:
- Extensive experience in designing consumer products
- Creativity and familiarity with modern designs
- Familiarity with prototyping practices (CNC machining, 3D printing, injection moulding, etc.)
- Experience working with manufacturers
- Experience with best practices for manufacturing (tolerances, minimum thicknesses, etc.)
- Expertise in material selection
- Expertise in package design and selection
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
Skills: design, engineering, prototyping, english