Hourly – Estimated time: Part time 10 - 20 hours per week; more than 6 months
We are looking for an experienced software technical writer to produce end-user documentation for our SQL Server products. The candidate should be able to process technical information provided by developers and deliver thorough, high-quality documentation using Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Collaborating with a globally-distributed team to research, create, and review content with an appropriate level of detail.
- Providing accurate documentation estimates.
- Providing quality end-user product documentation on schedule.
- Following established product development processes and procedures.
We pay $10/hour ($10 fixed-price payment for a trial job if that trial leads us to hire you). For United States citizens and permanent residents, we pay $8/hour because we have to cover W-2 processing. Hours are 10 - 20 per week depending on the stage of the release cycle.
To be eligible for this position, we require:
1. Strong communication skills, commitment, and reliability
2. Excellent English proficiency to be able to produce effective end-user documentation and communicate with the team
3. Experience creating documentation for enterprise software products
4. Experience with Madcap Flare or other Help authoring tool
5. Must have experience with SQL Server or have Oracle database familiarity
Try out the job. During a one hour, fixed-price trial assignment, prove to us that we should give you the position of doing this work for us and potentially having an expanded role.
How to start:
We’ll make you a fixed-price offer to start qualifying, and you’ll get detailed instructions as soon as you accept this offer for the test phase. If you successfully complete the test, you’ll be paid $10 and be eligible for future work from us.
Skills: agile, research, english, test