We have a pretty simple project for phase 1 with a bit more complexity for phase 2 and 3 of the same project. We would like to complete Phase 1 this week with Phase 2 and 3 taking place over the month.
Overview: We maintain a pretty simple database (120k records) of about 8 fields of our expo attendees with a mix of physical mail addresses and email addresses. We have maintained the site in Filemaker and host it at Productive Computing. Before we conduct an expo we export names for mailings and email. We likewise maintain a “blacklist” of people who have signed up for email or mail, but have later said they do not want to receive email. We need scripts written for the following tasks:
1) Suppress/eliminate the emails in the main mail list for anyone who has signed up online for the unsubscribe/black list.
a. If we also have a physical world mailing address we want to keep the record, but with the email removed.
b. If the record does not have a physical world address (just an email), then we want to delete the record entirely.
2) Auto-eliminate any duplicate entries in both the main mail list and the blacklist.
3) apply the USPS text substitutions for all address components. (For example “Road”, “Rd”, and “Road,” would be replaced with “RD”; 2 letter state abbreviations, etc. The list is currently being processed through NCOA so it will start with these fully applied. We have the list of substitutions available from the USPS as a text file for placing into the script.
1) Automate the collection of entries into the mail list and blacklist from our website on a daily basis.
2) Create a script that takes the results of ICR scans of handwritten registration cards gathered at the expos, (these are csv files) and places them into the mail list database. It should also eliminate any newly created duplicates.
3) Create a script that takes post cards that we send out from the mail list but the post office rejects as bad addresses out of the mail list. If that person has an email address keep that data. This info comes via a csv file of the bad addresses.
4) Create a similar script that works with cards to change their address if the post office says they have moved. (Again this is a csv file.)
1) Do a data call to an analytics company on each new record as we import and obtain the correct Personix cluster designation for that addressee that is then attached to the record for evaluating the potential of the attendee.
Less than 30 hrs/week
Less than 1 month< 1 monthProject LengthDuration
I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers