We are looking for an assistant editor that can help with the final edit on a feature viral marketing project with 104 scenes.
You will need to work on site for up to 14 days (up to 12-18 hour days as you'll be working around the clock) and your job duties will include:
1) Fixing up scenes, external audio
2) Reviewing all footage and making creative suggestions for improving the overall edit regarding transitions, clip choice (reaction shots, dialoge, etc...)
3) Submitting clips once the editing is polished for each scene to f/x for color correction, grading, cosmetic enhancement and so on.
4) Submitting clips for each scene once external audio is fixed and room-tone is added to the sound designer and providing the necessary sound files and working with the PAs and sound guy to have ADRs done to improve the overall sound.
5) Organizing all the sequences so they are properly laid out for future review and editing.
6) Helping with intro titles/credits, etc...other tasks as assigned.
If selected, you will work on site in Chicago, lodging, transportation and food will be provided if you are not local. As this is an assistant position, this is perfect for grad students and so on. The project pays $500 upon completion (we will cover all of your food costs while working) as it is an assistant/intern position and runs from November 26th thru December 7th. This project, although it is a viral marketing project, will be submitted to both Sundance and Cannes as part of its viral promotion strategy, so you'll have a chance to have your name on a fairly big project.
You will be working with Final Cut Pro 7. You must have experience with Final Cut to be considered for this position, and please provide a demo reel with your application to be considered.
Skills: marketing, video