We are looking for a Mobile Developer with Computer Vision and HTML5 / Native experience (PhoneGap).
We would like to build an iPhone and Android prototype that will recognize labels on products and provide a rating. Creation of an app with supporting backend db/server, to demonstrate he functionality specified below.
1. Use handheld camera for capture image, transfer extracted data to server (ideally process data locally for optimized speed performance). Products label format on products are fairly similar in format.
2. Using the data/name retrieved to conduct a database look-up on our server based on 3 different criteria and accurately match the product (over 60,000 products in our DB).
Depending on accuracy provide a list of closest selections to select.
=> Looking for over a 75% accuracy on recognition within list of products
3. If name cannot be extracted offer a manual entry screen for manual search
4. If items is new and cannot be found in DB provide a possibility to enter new product manually and upload to server reduced full picture for validation
5. Display the final result on the phone display (in less than 10 second from capture)
- Hosting of the backed supporting infrastructure on to enable the demonstrations (3 scenarios : display rating, manual search entry, new entry with upload)
- Simple UI without design implemented
- Simple web access to manage DB and potential new products
- Requests logging for future data analysis
- Phonegap, DB
More details on request
This is a repost, we will answer to developers having and OCR or Computer Vision processing experience only. Thank you in advance.