We're looking for a razor sharp programmer to develop advanced desktop shipping software. You'd join a small dedicated team at an exciting time when we reinvent core features of our software and reimagine the user interface far beyond the bounds of "normal" Java apps.
You'd be working on our advanced shipping application ReadyShipper to extend and improve it. You're capable of diligent and effective work on desktop software, with an eye towards identifying and resolving problems proactively.
You don't consider yourself a Java programmer but a generalist. You've got plenty of experience with may different languages and might know a thing or two about creating custom UI widgets. Perhaps you're familiar with the paradigms of Cocoa programming or you made your own UI frameworks on the web.
The contract could be long term after an initial review period. This is a full time position.
You can expect work such as:
* Improve and develop the UI and UX of ReadyShipper.
* Create new modules to import or export data, communicate with shipping carriers or otherwise work with APIs and many different data streams.
* Solve bugs with existing components.
* Solid programming experience with a knack for fast learning.
* Ability with UI design in an MVC model.
* Confidence with creating unit tests to verify before and after behaviour when refactoring and fixing components.
Skills: design, mvc