** PLEASE read the entire post! **
I've finally come to a point where a personal assistant is needed to help me manage myself and my business. I can no longer do everything and require an efficient counterpart. I am not looking for someone to simply conduct tasks. I need someone who is proactive, takes initiative and can effectively manage all aspects of my business as a partner and a team player. You will be my confidante and right hand. The right candidate will eventually transition into a full time, employee role so PLEASE do not apply if you cannot commit to the job and give 110% at all times. This is a long term and fast paced role, where deadlines and timelines must be upheld. I cannot afford to micromanage you and hold your hand through every step of the process. I need someone who can hit the ground running.
The chosen candidate will be submerged in all aspects of my business but the General Tasks are:
- bookkeeping and payroll (must be familiar with QuickBooks, Freshbooks and Wave)
- article/report writing
- calendar/email management
- scheduling hotel, flights, rental and restaurant reservations
- maintaining website content and updates
- hosting online webinars
- speaking with clients on my behalf
- managing CRM and sales pipelines
- writing/formatting proposals and contracts
- recruiting and managing contractors
- social media
Remember: this list does not constitute all tasks and is general in nature. You will most likely perform more as the time progresses. I need someone who can adapt and wear many hats.
I am looking for a LONG TERM, reliable and skilled assistant who resides in the US and is available between 9am - 9pm EDT Monday through Friday. You do not necessarily have to work those hours. I just need you to be available during that time frame if and when needed.
I regularly work 12-18 hour days because I am passionate about what I do. I don't expect you to be a workaholic (although that's a definite PLUS) but when I need something done, it needs to get done in a timely fashion and without a ton of excuses. When I call I need an answer. When I email you I need a response. My expectations are high and I won't accept anything less. I do not mean to sound harsh but, this is a business and it will run regardless of whether your computer breaks, your ISP is down, you can't remember your password, you have an emergency that happens every day or you're sick every other day. If I cannot depend on you to get things done and cannot trust you with confidential information, then I don't need you. I don't have the luxury of wasting time.
To apply, please answer the following questions in your response.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Tell me about your work experience. Do you have executive level experience? How proficient are you with the accounting software QuickBooks, Freshbooks and Wave? Are you familiar with Wordpress?
3. What are your biggest strengths? Biggest weaknesses?
4. What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
5. Why do you want to work with us? How can you contribute to the success of our company?
6. What are the five most important job competencies successful executive assistants have and why?
7. Are you comfortable with $9 per hour? (non-negotiable) It will increase as time progresses but you need to prove your worth to the company. You will grow as the company grows.
Failure to answer any of the questions is an automatic denial.
Thanks and Happy Bidding!