Hi - We are looking for a new content writer to join our team!
If you love coffee, and you love writing - this is the perfect role for you. (BUT - not starbucks or instant coffee. You’ll need to appreciate REAL coffee)
You'll be writing for a popular coffee website that focuses on the home barista market. Think of product reviews, in-depth posts about coffee, and ‘how-to’ recipe guides.
Here are the finer details about the role:
1) 2500 words per week worth of content, ongoing (usually 1-2 articles per week)
2) about 50% of the time these articles will be ‘recipe’ style articles and you’ll need to take photos. Iphone quality photos is fine, and you’ll be paid for your time + for materials.
A relaxed and casual style of writing
3) Your command of the english language must be superb. This is for the US market, so you’ll have to understand slang, sarcasm and use it with finesse.
If this sounds like the job for you, please complete the following steps to apply. Attention to detail is critical, so please read carefully:
1) Write a cover letter and include the following 3 points of information in a numbered bullet point fashion, but nothing else: Your price per word, your favourite way to brew coffee, and one sentence explaining why I should hire you. Do not include anything else in your cover letter :)
2) Answer the screening questions, but answer the first in uppercase, the second in lowercase.
For the first screen question - please rewrite the paragraph, but inject some personality into it and remove the fluff.
The second screening question is not really a question - I'd like you to copy and paste 3 urls that link to articles YOU wrote that you're proud of.
Thanks - I look forward to meeting you!
P.s. one more thing. If you do well in this role, I can offer you a full-time writing role for our company, providing you can write about more than just coffee.
Less than 30 hrs/week
More than 3 months3+ monthsProject LengthDuration
I am looking for a mix of experience and value