We are looking for an experienced Java engineer to assume a leadership role in working collaboratively and efficiently to take responsibility for a couple of existing projects.
Mac OS is required. You will be expected to be able to work with Eclipse, Git and Xcode. You should be able to analyze and resolve complex issues, learn new frameworks / APIs quickly, and have strong attention to detail.
The development work is all in Java, and includes facets of using Google Appengine (In Java), JDO, GWT, GWT-Platform, Solr, Velocity, Maven, Ant, YouTube API, PayPal API, Facebook Integration, Google Account Integration, Basic Linux/Shell scripts and so on.
When applying, please answer these questions:
1) All the frameworks/APIs mentioned above are important in our projects. Could you describe what level of knowledge/experience do you have for all of them?
2) How would you pick up and work with existing projects what were implemented by other developers?
3) As a lead developer, how would you communicate with other team members for your progress and questions? (e.g: frequency, when is needed, how to make it efficient)
4) Does Java use pass-by-value or pass-by-reference semantics?
5) What is the typical package layout in GWT projects?
We intend to engage several candidates for a final round of paid interviews to complete a practical programming challenge.
The ideal candidate has experience launching iOS apps in iTunes Connect, and has access to an iPad device (2nd generation or later).
We look forward to receiving your application.
Skills: velocity, mac-os-x, youtube, ipad, linux, facebook, paypal, english