We are looking to build a lead scraping tool that focuses on local results for local (a given geographical area) business websites and business Facebook pages (Facebook pages being the primary info we are after with this tool).
• Search in “Denver” with keyword “Bar” to show me all the info for bars in that area:
o Business Name, Address, Webpage, Phone, Email, mobile domain (yes/no), Facebook page URL, Facebook # of posts in the last 30 days, Facebook date of last post, Facebook score, Facebook rating
The tool will have both a data scraping component as well as an interface design / build component. The tool must run on both Mac & PC and I am open to technology used as long as this goal is accomplished – adobe Air seems to accomplish this.
The tool will be a piece of software that is downloaded and installed, not web based. Once installed on a users computer they will have the ability to run the tool from their system independently.
Example of what we are trying to build with the addition of Facebook info scraping and display:
Ability to download localizer leads tool and additional videos:
our main focus as compared to the localizer leads tool example is robust Facebook / social media information on a business.
• Must have data scraping experience
• Must have application development & UI experience
• Must be willing to work in a fast paced iterative environment to prototype and develop the software
• Must have experience with Facebook APIs and ability to pull data from Facebook without violating their TOS
. Must have good communication and be available daily throughout the project - must be available on Skype
Availability for ongoing support & bugs:
• We are looking to work with someone on an ongoing basis to do future development, updates, bug fixes, and more.
The initial project will not be heavy and we should be completed in less than 2 weeks. Ongoing support, updates and maintenance can be scheduled under a different ODesk job.
Ideally we would agree on a fixed fee for delivery of the project but this can be discussed during the interview process.
Please respond with any portfolio i should review, the best way to contact you on Skype, hours that you are available in US Mountain Time, and a general cost estimate based on the work outline attached to the job request.
I would like to start work this week on this project.
• Single button search with two input fields – location & key word
• Brings back basic company info as seen on the “web Search” tab
• This is real time data, not stored or cached data
• Step 1 will be to start with US geo targeting unless it is easy to implement world wide out of the gate
• Single button search expended to include Facebook info
• This could be a separate tab similar to how “Places” or “Local Search” are separated out
• Ability to cancel a search while it is running
• Indicator that the tool is searching / working
• Ability to select individual leads, all, uncheck all, & delete
• Ability to select number of leads returned
• Ability to select / unselect mobile search results (m.sub domain, .mobi domain, wap subdomain)
• Ability to do “expanded search” – checks more pages of a site for info, checks third party sites & databases (google, yahoo, bing, yelp, registrations) for info tied to the business – takes more time to search (assumption) can be toggled on and off
o Basic search checks homepage and skips mobile info, extended checks deeper pages and mobile (we will have to play with this but the idea is to balance results with speed)
• Geo targeting – target any location worldwide. Search any city, state, providence, or country
• Ability to select and export to csv & .txt files implemented
• Desktop install
• Checks for updates at launch
• User will have to enter a name and email address as their credentials to access the tool
• Version 2 will have a registration / license key feature
• Easy to understand and navigate
• The basic layout of the Localizer Leads tool provided is great. We need to make our look and Feel be different enough though that it does not look “stolen”
• Open to discussion but must run on both PC & Mac
• Scraping should be deep but light = good results without being shut down by facebook or google
• Adobe Air is what the localizer leads tool is build on. I am open to other technologies as well and we can discuss