Hi - we need a really good Linux server admin 8 hours every week. Steady, long term work.
- Setting up a new server for us on Rackspace:
- adding in 10 empty wordpress skeletons and making them ready to install real content complete with users, logins to Linux, SFTP access, etc.
- Keeping 3 to 4 Linux servers up to date. All run Ubuntu LTS 12.04
- Keeping 3 to 5 wordpress sites up to date with current plugins and wordpress
- Monitoring access, errors, problems, etc.
All servers are rackspace cloud VM servers running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Very good with Linux / Ubuntu server
- Can set up and maintain Postfix (but not dovecot or anything like that, just accept, forward, etc. No mailbox or end user email management)
- Can install, administer and manage MySQL
- Can install admin and manage Apache and PHP
- Can write some bash scripts and cron jobs (not really a programing job - an admin job)
- Can do backups
- Keep the servers ready to use and in good secure operational status
- Can install new software as needed (standard - mostly open source and mainstream.)
- Has at least two references stating your good character - employers, professors, etc. Why? Because you will have root logins and we need to know you are a good egg.
At first, we need 20 hours per week for two weeks to get this setup and going. Then we need 8 hours per week spread across at least 3 days.
We treat people well. You will be working on a good team.